Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fly of the Week 3/12/2013: Sucker Spawn

On my recent trip to Texas, I picked up the latest issue of Field and Stream to keep me occupied. Per usual, I got to catch up on my reading of hunting and fishing, but one article really got me thinking, "When Steel Collides." A quick article about the Salmon River in Pulaski New York just before drop-back steelhead season. Before I even read the article I reserved a room and called a buddy letting him know that we had to make the trip. And what would I be cooking for that trip? Eggs and stones ALL DAY. The Sucker Spawn is my favorite pattern to use spring and fall for steelhead and browns. Tie this up with a stinger or without, and you will be happy it was in your egg box.

Recipe:
  • Hook: Egg Hook #8-10
  • Thread: 8/0 Uni Thread White
  • Body: Hareline Dubbin Diamond Braid, Yellow and White



Have you booked your Salmon River trip yet?
-The Fly Fiend


No comments:

Post a Comment