Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Striper Update from May 7th

Yesterday morning I was on the T to work headed over the Charles River to North Station. As I normally do, I looking out thinking about being on the water at that wonderful time of the day and saw the Charles boiling from fish. My thought is that herring were in and the Striped Bass had followed. When I got into Science Park Station, I had to hold back from turning back and calling in sick.

photo.JPGAs the day went on, all I could think about was the Spring run and how far/how many fish had moved up this way. When I got home, I grabbed my rod and made way for the Charles where I saw fish busting that morning. I figured where it was an evening high tide, fish might be moving in. After wishful-casting for 30 minutes I decided to move up river where I have caught fish before, but still had no luck.

I called Surfland for a report and they said the same things I had heard about fish in the Boston Harbor and heard the Saugus River was producing a few fish. No Earth shattering news yet, but there will hopefully be big news soon!

-The Fly Fiend

No comments:

Post a Comment