Thursday, February 28, 2013

Where do you think about fishing?

Lately I have been doing quite a bit of tying, so I have flies on the brain. I have been trying to stock up my boxes for the season with trout nymphs and midges, streamers, buggers, saltwater deceivers and clousers, and dries are up next. Being an avid fly tyer and all these things flying and swimming around in my head, it is hard not to think of expanding your pattern horizon. If you love to tie as much as I do, you know that there are not enough hours in a day to do all this thinking! So this thinking starts taking over other activities.

Yesterday, I was at the gym after my 9-5 and I was sitting on a machine thinking about colors of flies I could mix for redfish and sea trout. I then realized I was in downtown Boston, sitting on a workout machine, and thinking about what colors I should use and could switch up for different patterns. Then I had someone tap me on the shoulder and ask, "Hey man, are you done?" That is when I left and went home and concocted up a few patterns, but am I the only one who does these things? I don't think so, but I guess it just happens.

Flies on the brain, going insane. Where do you think about fishing?
-The Fly Fiend

No comments:

Post a Comment