Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dog Days of My Vacation Countdown

Yesterday, I received a text from my cousin about our hunting trip. He said the guide, "...had a sick proposal for our trip." That text alone really amped me up for our trip. I gave him a call and he threw a couple of things at me about how we don't need a hotel now because we are going to go a little later in the morning, blah blah blah, and that we could go hunting that night with thermal glasses at night...Umm, YES. I don't know who would say no to this, but now I can't stop thinking about it. After watching a few videos of people hunting with thermals, I couldn't sleep last night.

Another bonus to our schedule change is that we are now going to hunt from 6:30 AM to about 10:00 AM CST, then won't hunt again until that night. Hmm, what could we do all day? 8 weight and Cheeky Fly Reel for largemouth and carp? That is the plan! 

So an awesome trip has now turned into an unreal trip in a matter of a night. I fly out tomorrow and I already have hogs and largemouth bass dancing in my head. 

Does anyone else get this excited for fishing or hunting?
-The Fly Fiend

No comments:

Post a Comment